2003 Martin 5-15 Terz Guitar for sale.
It is in excellent condition.
It has a nice chimey tone when strung with light strings and tuned to terz.
Terz guitars are smaller than standard guitars
and they are tuned G,C,F,b flat, d, g
-- like a standard guitar with a capo at the 3rd fret --
but they can also be tuned standard guitar tuning E, A, D, G, B, E.
- All solid mahogany top, back and sides
- SCALE LENGTH: 21.4''
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 12
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 18
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-5/8''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/16''
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-1/8''
- WIDTH UPPER BOUT: 8-1/4"
- WIDTH LOWER BOUT: 11-1/4"
- LENGTH BODY: 16"
- TOTAL LENGTH: 33-1/2"
There was a few upgrades made to the guitar:
- Tuners were upgraded with very nice Grover 18:1 Sta-Tites
- Nicer bridge pins and end pin
- Bone saddle
- Little Greven Tor-Tis pickguard
- The previous owner, who works/worked at the Collings factory in Austin, TX, did a very nice job buffing the finish to a really nice gloss. The neck and headstock are also buffed to a gloss finish.
It comes with its original Martin hard shell case.